- Ph.D., Southern Illinois University, 1988
- M.S., Southern Illinois University, 1984
- Engineer, Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria, Lima, Peru, 1980
- B.S., Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria, Lima, Peru, 1975
- analysis, design and simulation of systems and materials of nanometer dimensions, especially those for the development of nanosensors and molecular electronics
- design smaller electronic devices and other systems in order to increase their efficiency, speed and energy savings, as well as reduce their costs.
- Has developed new scenarios for molecular devices and systems using molecular potentials and molecular vibrations for processing and transport of information at nanometer scales.
Awards & Honors
- Holder of the Fox Professorship
- Computational Determination of the Structures and Some Properties of Tetrahedrane, Prismane and Some of their Aza-Analogs, P. Politzer and J. M. Seminario, J. Phys. Chem., 93, 588 (1989).
- A Computational Study of the structures and Electrostatic Potentials of Some Azines and Nitroazines, J. S. Murray, J. M. Seminario and P. Politzer, J. Mol. Struct. ( Theochem), 187, 95 (1989).
- Relative Bond Strengths in Tetrahedrane, Prismane and Some of their Aza-analogs, P. Politzer and J. M. Seminario, Struct. Chem., 1, 29 (1989).
- Z Transition State Calculations of Energy Changes and Electrostatic Potentials in Isoelectronic Atoms and Molecules, K. D. Sen, J. M. Seminario and P. Politzer, J. Chem. Phys., 90, 4373 (1989).
- Computational Analysis of the Structures, Bond Properties and Electrostatic Potentials of Some Nitrotetrahedranes and Nitroazatetrahedranes, P. Politzer and J. M. Seminario, J. Phys. Chem., 93, 4742 (1989).
- Electronegativities and Isoelectronic Energy and Electronegativity Differences for Monatomic Systems with Non-Integral Nuclear Charges: Local Spin Density Calculations, K. D. Sen, J. M. Seminario and P. Politzer, Phys. Rev. A, 40, 2260 (1989).
- Computational Studies of Thermal Decomposition: Energetic Nitramines, M. Grodzicki, J. M. Seminario, P. Politzer and Jane Murray, in Science at the National Supercomputer Center, Consortium for Scientific Computing (1989).
- Analysis of Different Computational Treatments of Highly-strained Molecules, J. M. Seminario and P. Politzer, Chem. Phys. Lett., 159, 27 (1989).
- A Proposed Interpretation of the Destabilizing Effect of Hydroxyl Groups on Nitroaromatic Molecules, P. Politzer, J. M. Seminario and P. R. Bolduc, Chem. Phys. Lett., 158, 463 (1989).
- Calculated Structures, Relative Energies and Electrostatic Potentials of Some Tetraaza Cyclic Systems, P. Politzer and J. M. Seminario, Struct. Chem., 1, 325 (1990).